My2c Worth

Simply a highly opinionated Aussie's outlet. Politics, environment, cars, motorcycles, stuff and things.

"Easily the second-greatest political thinker in his household." - anonymous

"...look, this is the sort of thing that all of us feel squeamish about..." - Tony Abbott, General Bastard nee Federal Health Minister

Saturday, October 22, 2005

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me. - Neimiller

I copied and pasted this on the 22/10 when Fuehrer Howard had announced his double-whammy attack on workers and terrorists (read: Muslims)
Typical wedging.

Whilst this attack on the workers has been playing out, I'm yet to hear one coherent & backed up argument on how the changes to the IR laws are actually going to improve things. I tend to agree with those about the 'Race to the bottom' in terms of wages. The market does not solve every problem.

What is the bigger picture here? What is Howard really trying to achieve?

  • Is the bigger picture designed to reduce wages for more competive exports?
  • Is the bigger picture to delineate further between employer/employee in the best tradition of conservative philosophy?
  • Is the bigger picture simply that Howard's biggest contributors ARE employers and he is simply looking after his 'base'?
Lets be honest, to try something that pisses off so many of the Nouveau Liberal voters like this can only be achieved with a weak opposition. History will show Howard as an excellent politician, but a poor leader. History will show Howard got through the things he really wanted. It will also show that there wasn't anyone of note to stop him either.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 
At 12:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

 
At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your my2cworth.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home