My2c Worth

Simply a highly opinionated Aussie's outlet. Politics, environment, cars, motorcycles, stuff and things.

"Easily the second-greatest political thinker in his household." - anonymous

"...look, this is the sort of thing that all of us feel squeamish about..." - Tony Abbott, General Bastard nee Federal Health Minister

Friday, September 30, 2005

Near miss.

A beautiful day today. Must be about 22c, not a cloud in the sky and a cool, light breeze blowing. The ride to work was joyful.
However, just past the hume hwy in Yagoona (I think) I rode through an intersection. The light turned orange as I did. Some dumb-arse in a silver Commodore stationwagon didn't see me coming (the metallic blue bike with its headlight on and the guy with the fluoro yellow jacket riding it must blend into the scenery) and turned right. Turned right right in front of me. I was doing about 70-80klm/h and I pulled up less than a foot away from his rear passenger door.
During this, he didn't speed up to get out of the way, he didn't slow down. After the event, he didn't stop. I genuinely don't think he knew the event happened at all.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Firing Over Blogging Bad About Employer
A marketing and public relations professional working for New York real estate firm Dwelling Quest was fired, according to her, for speaking ill of her firm on her blog.
Greetings, I new to this type of business, but your blog is quite interesting.
If you would like to visit my site go to:
www.richardswebsitedesign.com
See you around!
Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home